CARING FOR YOUR METER AND TEST STRIPS
To avoid the meter and test strips getting dirt, dust or other contaminants, please wash and dry your hands thoroughly before use.
Your meter does not require special maintenance.
As no blood or control solution comes in contact with the meter, there is no special cleaning required.
- To clean the meter exterior, wipe with a cloth moistened with tap water or a mild cleaning agent,
then dry the device with a soft and dry cloth. Do not flush with water.
- Do not use organic solvents to clean the meter.
1. Meter Storage
• Storage condition:
-20°C ~ 60°C below 95% relative humidity.
• Always store or transport the meter in its original storage case.
• Avoid dropping and strong impact.
• Avoid direct sunlight and humidity.
2. Strip Storage
• 4°C ~ 40°C below 85% relative humidity. Do not refrigerate.
• Store your test strips in their original vial only. Do not transfer to other container.
• Store test strip packages in a cool and dry place. Keep away from direct sunlight and heat.
• After removing a test strip from the vial, immediately replace the vial cap and close it tightly.
• Touch the test strip with clean and dry hands.
• Use each test strip immediately after removing it from the vial.
• Write the discard date (the date opened plus 90 days) on the vial label when you first open it.
Discard remaining test strips 90 days after first opening date.
• Do not bend, cut, or alter a test strip in any way
• Keep the strip vial away from children since the cap may be a choking hazard. If swallowed, promptly see a doctor for help.
3. Control solution storage
• Store the control solution tightly closed at temperatures below 30°C (86°F). Do not refrigerate.
• Record the discard date (date opened plus 90 days) on the control solution vial. Discard after 90 days.